Friday, March 26, 2010

My first Lappy (Dell Inspiron5300)

We bought dell inspiron 5300 in the year 2003-04.I really had no idea about the actual use of computer's.We used It for writing CD's,watching movies,listening to music etc..It was a latest one with windows XP home basic (O.S.).512 MB Ram,40 GB harddisk. It was in the year 2006 I was gifted a set of MS office CD's by my N.R.I.uncle.I really enjoyed learning MS word,excel,Powerpoint,outlook and other applications.He insisted me to have an internet connection and gifted me a webcam as a new year gift.
Right on the first day when I had an Internet connection I faced a virus problem.I had to take It to my hardware engineer at around 12.30 at night.He couldn't remove the trojen and he had to format the C drive of hard disk and reinstall the windows.You wont believe that we were doing It till 4.30 am.Again he installed all the basic softwares like MS Office,Power DVD along with the antivirus software (Mecafe).Of course It was a pirated version hehehe.....


No comments:

Post a Comment